View As Separate Page:
Mentor an immigrant professional in your field
TRIEC (Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council)
Wed Jan 01 3000 05:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
18 hours over three months
TRIEC Mentoring Partnership is looking for people from a range of professional backgrounds to mentor recent immigrants to Canada. Mentors give their mentees insights into the local labour market to help them build their professional networks in their new home. We match mentors with mentees based on their professional background.
75% of mentees find a job in their occupation or related field within one year of the program.
- Commit to 18 hours over three months to meet with your mentee in person or via phone or Skype and communicate via email.
- Share insights about your occupation, industry and Canadian workplace culture.
- Collaborate with your mentee to help them identify their goals and draft their action plan.
- Identify and facilitate networking and skill building opportunities.
- Motivate your mentee in their job search and provide constructive feedback
Mentors are supported with resources and a mentoring coach to help guide their partnership.