Day Program Assistant
Harmony Place Support Services
A minimum commitment of 1 3-hour shift per month is required.
132 Railside Rd. Unit #6 (Don Valley Parkway & Lawrence Ave. E.)
Harmony Place Support Services specializes in providing individually driven day programs that foster personal development and social inclusion for adults with multiple disabilities. We are seeking compassionate motivated individuals to join our team to support staff in providing meaningful activities.
- Assist staff members with the set up and/or take down of programs
- Assist with delivery of programming in a group setting (including hand-over-hand support when required),
- Guide people in programming to meet their goals and objectives
This is a moderately physical position and requires standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and lifting up to 10 lbs for the duration of the shift. Accommodations can be made, please let us know in advance if you require an accommodation.
- Ability to communicate in English at an intermediate level.
- Ability to use technology (computers, televisions, iPads, stereos) or willingness to learn
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check (to be completed within 3 months)
- Emergency First Aid/ CPR an asset
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate/Experience in a related field considered an asset,
- Comprehension of sign language is also considered an asset.
Training and Orientation
Volunteers will complete mandatory training prior to volunteering. Training includes: Policy and Procedures review, Health & Safety, and Abuse Prevention & Reporting. Volunteers also have the opportunity to shadow a Program Instructor until they feel comfortable working directly with people receiving services and supports.
A minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
A commitment of 1 shift per month is required. Available shifts are:
Monday – Friday:
9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Full day)
9:00 am – 11:30 am (Morning)
9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Morning + Lunch)
11:30 am – 1:00 pm (Lunch only)
11:30 – 3:00 pm (Lunch + Afternoon)
1:00 – 3:00 pm (Afternoon)
The programs you are directly involved in are dependent on the day(s) you are able to volunteer.
132 Railside Rd. (Don Valley Parkway & Lawrence Ave. E.)
- Free parking onsite
- Located near two TTC bus routes (54 and 91)
- Facility is accessible
- An opportunity to uplift the spirits of the individuals we support by doing something you love - playing music!
- An opportunity to develop or enhance musical skills by performing in front of an audience.
- Gain meaningful experience working with adults with multiple disabilities.
-A reference/recommendation after completing 3 months of successful volunteer service
Apple Online: http://www.harmonyplace.on.ca/volunteer/program-assistant-volunteer/
Apply by E-mail: Kathleen Byrne - firstname.lastname@example.org
HPSS is committed to representing the diverse communities we serve. HPSS does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or receipt of public assistance.
Persons who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may call 416-510-3114 or email email@example.com